Is Rapid City Any Good?

Rapid City, South Dakota is an ever-growing town nestled in the Black Hills. It’s trying to be a big city in an area that doesn’t have enough residents to achieve it. There’s always construction somewhere in the town; for what point, I don’t know. The only time the city is really busy is during the summer, with the influx of tourism. However, I don’t find Rapid City that terrible, but I definitely don’t want to stay here. You may find a place beautiful and exciting, but living there is a different story. I, myself, have lived in Rapid City on three separate occasions, and the city has definitely developed since I last remember. Then again, the last time I was here was in 2007. Despite the fact that I have been away for seven years, I still remember many places vividly.
In my experience, the smaller towns -Rapid City included- make the best places to raise a family. I know this because I grew up all over the country, and out of it. Rapid City is my second favorite of the places I’ve lived in and remember. My favorite place is Smithfield, Virginia, but I also prefer living in coastal areas and experiencing warmer weather. Though the weather in Rapid City isn’t that bad, I could definitely do without the frigid snowfall.
What I think makes Rapid City a pretty good place to live and grow up are the various activities made available by the city and the Black Hills. Unlike the other places I have lived, the Black Hills offer some of the best hiking and climbing areas I know. I love the little secluded trails that make you feel like you are in your own little world, and you can let your soul and mind free. The Black Hills are just an experience themselves; something ethereal and wonderful. There is also Downtown Rapid City, which offers many eateries and has a lovely square filled with entertainment year-round.

To conclude my evaluation of my experience with Rapid City, South Dakota, I have more positive things to say than negative. I have enjoyed what time I have spent in the area, and maybe I'll come back here one day, most likely just to visit. If someone asked me if Rapid City is a good place to live or raise children, I would say yes. However, as I said earlier, you can find a place beautiful and exciting, but not want to live there. That place for me is Rapid City.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Am I?

News Article 1: The Monodon monoceros and its mating habits.